This area is underdevelopment as of 8/18/2016. If you have school/club documents that you feel would be beneficial for others to see email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each school/club is unique in the way they reach out to support their community of learners. The documents below are some “sample” documents that coaches across the USA use to help inform parents and students as well as organize their program. We hope that through sharing this information you won’t have to reinvent the wheel but rather chisels it to meet the needs of your group.
Included in this section are some of important handouts you may wish to include when introducing the program to parents.
Teacher Flyer – This is a two page flyer about the Math Pentathlon Program that should be used when meeting with Faculty for the first time.
Games Descriptions & Essential Resources Sheets – Within each Division there are 5 Problem-Solving Games and related Resources that deal with a broad spectrum of mathematical thought. We encourage you to also share this information with your faculty and parents.
The forms below, some Word Docs others PDFs, are shared with us from clubs. Feel free to use this documents and make any changes to meet your clubs needs.
- Any School – Informs the parent about the school program and has a separate page to apply for the club with student and parent signatures required (.doc).
- Another School – A one page document covering when clubs will meet and an application to join the club (.doc).
- A School – Several pages of information which include open ended questions for student to complete, information about the program and contract, contact information, and a Teacher Recommendation Form (.pdf).
- Template Intro for Interest – This is an example of a template to see how many students are interested in joining the club (.doc).
Items to include in your form are:
- FOR CLUB
- An introduction to your MP Program: Expectations, Dates, Times, Cost
- Student’s First & Last Name
- Current Teacher
- Student Gender
- Student Birth Date
- Student Mode of Transportation After Club
- Parent’s First & Last Name
- Parent Email
- Parent Home Address, City, State, Zip
- Parent Day Phone & Evening Phone
- Days Willing to Volunteer
- Student Contract to be Signed
- Parent Contract to be Signed
- OPTIONAL ITEMS
- Parent Agrees to Attended ___ Number of Club Sessions
- How do YOU Feel About Math? (an open ended question the student is to answer)
- ITEMS TO INCLUDE IF GOING TO TOURNAMENT
- Prior Years of Tournament Experience
- Parent Agrees be a Game Monitor at Tournament
- Games Prepared to Game Monitor (Minimum of 3)
- Game Monitor’s First & Last Name
- Parent Agrees to Sign up Student for Tournament
- Parent Agrees to Attend Game Monitor Training Session in Spring
- Game Monitor’s Email
- T-Shirt Size for Student
- T-Shirt Size for Adult
- Game Piece Cards – These cards can be inserted into the game piece’s bag to help keep track of pieces.
- Game Highlight Sheets – These summary sheets are used by Game Monitors during tournaments to help with procedures, rules, and challenges during tournaments.