These workshops are very beneficial for adults working with students in clubs, classrooms, and home settings or leading the program at their school. In addition to learning the 5 games participants will benefit from:
- More in-depth understanding of the games and instructional strategies;
- Sequencing the Math Pentathlon Program using The Teaching Guides that provide effective and detailed guidance to adults who are teaching the Math Pentathlon Program at their school;
- Curricular activities from Adventures in Problem Solving Book I (K-3) or Book II (4-7) that connect the games with classroom instruction and club use;
- Related assessments from Investigations Binder I (K-3) or Binder II (4-7) that provide a deeper and creative focus into the multiple strategies of each game;
- Special pricing on a Mathematics Pentathlon Family Game Set.
OHIO IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS
Math Pentathlon Workshops for K-7 Teachers (Nov 19, Dec 17, & Jan 28)
These daytime hands-on workshops are for Teachers who are interested in learning how to teach the games to their students. The registration fee is $25 per workshop, or $50 for ALL 3 Workshops. Participants will benefit from:
- Learning about the Math Pentathlon Program and how it can be successfully implemented in Grades K-7 classrooms;
- More in-depth understanding of the Games, Activities and Assessments to provide effective and detailed guidance on how to teach the Math Pentathlon Program;
- Information and updates about tournaments and other events during the year;
- LOWEST pricing offered for Mathematics Pentathlon Family Game Set & Professional Packages when registering.
November 19 (Logical-Scientific Reasoning) REGISTER HERE
December 17 (Computational Reasoning & Number Sense) REGISTER HERE
January 28 (Spatial/Geometric Reasoning) REGISTER HERE
DISTRICT REQUIREMENT: Masks to be worn in the building
This is the once-a-year opportunity to attend full-day Math Pentathlon workshops provided by the Pentathlon Institute and hosted by Beavercreek City Schools.