Essential Materials, Game Sets & Order Information
Math Pentathlon® Games Can be Used for Many Years.
Sole Source Provider Letter with W-9 Form
Essential Games and Resources are sold by Division Levels: Division I is K-1 (orange background), Division II is 2-3 (yellow background), Division III is 4-5 (blue background), and Division IV is 6-7 (green background). Divisional Game Sets are sold for groups of up to 4 students, up to 12 students, or up to 24 students. Games and Resources can also be purchased individually.
Division I ~ Grades K-1
Division III ~ Grades 4-5
Division II ~ Grades 2-3
Division IV ~ Grades 6-7
An example of Division II Materials illustrating the
5 Gameboards and Rule Manual is shown below.
The complete Mathematics Pentathlon® Program also includes The Essential Instructional Resources (example of Division II below). These Resources known as a Premiere/Professional Package, can be purchased with a Game Set or separately.
GAME SETS, APPROXIMATE COSTS AND DESCRIPTIONS
- Up to 4 Players
- FAMILY GAME SET: Includes a Full Color Rule Manual, 1 set of the 5 games, and a Game Box (total of 5 games).
- PREMIERE FAMILY GAME SET: Includes the Family Game Set with the Essential Instructional Resources; Full-Color Teaching Guide, an Adventures in Problem Solving Book, and the Investigations Exercises Binder.
- Up to 12 Players
- SMALL CLUB GAME SET: Includes a Full Color Rule Manual, 3 sets of the 5 games, and a Game Box (total of 15 games).
- PROFESSIONAL SMALL CLUB GAME SET (RECOMMENDED): Includes the Family Game Set with the Essential Instructional Resources; Full-Color Teaching Guide, an Adventures in Problem Solving Book, and the Investigations Exercises Binder.
- Up to 24 Players
- CLASSROOM GAME SET: Includes a Full Color Rule Manual, 6 sets of the 5 games, and a Game Box (total of 30 games).
- PROFESSIONAL CLASSROOM GAME SET (RECOMMENDED): Includes the Family Game Set with the Essential Instructional Resources; Full-Color Teaching Guide, an Adventures in Problem Solving Book, and the Investigations Exercises Binder.
APPROXIMATE COSTS OF MATERIALS
- Approximate Game Set Cost: Pricing includes Game Boards, Game Pieces, Rule Manual, and Storage Box.
- Family Game Set – Up to 4 Students: $85 ~ approximately $21 per student
- Small Club Game Set – Up to 12 Students: $235 ~ approximately $19 per student
- Classroom Game Set – Up to 24 Students: $415 ~ approximately $17 per student
- Approximate PROFESSIONAL Game Set Cost (RECOMMENDED): Pricing includes The Teaching Guide, Game Boards, Game Pieces, Rule Manual, Adventures in Problem Solving Book, & Investigation Exercises Binder, and Storage Box.
- Premiere Family Game Set – up to 4 Students: $190 ~ approximately $47 per student
- Professional Small Club Game Set – up to 12 Students: $340 ~ approximately $28 per student
- Professional Classroom Game Set – up to 24 Students: $520 ~ approximately $22 per student
DESCRIPTIONS OF MATERIALS
- Game Sets, Packages & Individual Games: Each Division has a different Game Set. Packages and Individual Games are also shown.
- Professional Packages (RECOMMENDED): The Professional Package for each Division includes the following: The Guide, an Adventures in Problem Solving Book, and an Investigation Exercises Binder. (Professional Packages)
- The Guides for Teaching and Sequencing the Mathematics Pentathlon Program: This step-by-step Program Guide of Math Pentathlon Lessons is designed for Teachers and Coaches to prepare students to play the 5 Division games at each level as well as to become more skillful in participating in the related Academic Tournament. The Guide is organized into Monthly Lesson Plans with 4 Lessons per month for weekly implementation. (The Guides)
- Adventures in Problem Solving Books I & II: Essential instructional resources providing prerequisite activities that build a foundation for successful play.
- Investigation Exercises Binders I & II: Essential assessment and instructional resources that include problem-solving scenarios designed to develop greater insight into the multiple strategies of each game.
- Mathematics Pentathlon Rule Manual: Rule manuals come with ALL Game Sets or can be purchased individually. (Rule Manuals)
Individual Boards & Pieces
- We understand some schools have used materials year after year and are in need of lost pieces or individual gameboards. Pieces and gameboards can be purchased individually online or by calling 317-356-6284 with VISA, MC, check or PO.
Optional Materials To Consider
- Although the Pentathlon Institute provides game boxes, many adults like to organize their materials to best meet their needs. Some examples are described below.
- plastic storage bins or shelves to store materials
- large laminated manila mailing folders or large book hanging sleeves for check-out either through club or school library
- extra plastic zipper bags for game pieces
- scratch paper
- writing utensils: pencils, pens, colored pencils, crayons, etc.
- snacks for students after school or during club play
- Game Piece Cards – These cards can be inserted into the game piece’s bag to help keep track of pieces.
- Cooperative Learning Assessment – A one page sheet where students, peers or groups can assess how well they are are working cooperatively.