What Types of Training Are Offered?
Sign up HERE for notifications about Workshops.
VARIOUS TYPES OF TRAINING
To ensure effective implementation, teachers, coaches, parents and administrators need to receive instruction in the appropriate educational uses of these problem-solving games and activities. Learning the Mathematics Pentathlon Program, including the games and instructional resources, requires some form of hands-on experience. The Pentathlon Institute provides many training opportunities for teachers, coaches, parents and administrators to receive instruction in the successful use of the Mathematics Pentathlon Program.
Math Pentathlon Orientation Sessions: In-Person & Virtual Training
- At the beginning of the school year, parents and teachers can register to attend an Evening Orientation. During these sessions adult participants learn about the program and how it can be implemented in schools, clubs, homes, etc. These training sessions start with an brief overview of the program. Participants then break out into grade level groups, known as divisions, where they are introduced to each of the 5 games through active participation. In addition, these orientations help parents to support their child at home by developing game strategies.
Workshops: In-Person & Virtual Training
- These workshops are very beneficial for adults working with students in club or classroom settings or leading the program at their school. In addition to learning the 5 games participants will benefit from:
- More in-depth understanding of the games and instructional strategies;
- Sequencing the Math Pentathlon Program using The Teaching Guides that provide effective and detailed guidance to adults who are teaching the Math Pentathlon Program at their school;
- Curricular activities from Adventures in Problem Solving Book I (K-3) or Book II (4-7) that connect the games with classroom instruction and club use;
- Related assessments from Investigations Binder I (K-3) or Binder II (4-7) that provide a deeper and creative focus into the multiple strategies of each game;
- Special pricing on a Mathematics Pentathlon Family Game Set.
Game Monitor Training for Tournament Volunteers: In-Person & Virtual Training
- Make sure to register for a FREE tournament Game Monitor training if your child and/or students are attending a National Mathematics Pentathlon® Academic Tournament. Vital procedures, including tournament organization, timetable, matching of students and Pentathlete Stars, scoring, challenges, and opinion cards are shared.
Customized Training: In-Person or Virtual
- To book a Customized Training Session contact our National Headquarters at 317-356-6284 or email email@example.com. Picture below was taken at a Customized Training where one of the attendees brought original gameboards. What a wonderful surprise that was for the Originator of the Program, Dr. John del Regato (on right).
I’ve been at this task of education for forty-two years. I believe math holds children back more than any other subject. Most teachers are pretty good reading teachers; they need help with teaching math. This program works and makes the teachers artists. I encourage all educators to learn more about the wonderful Pentathlon games. I have had students tell me it changed their lives. I have witnessed this. I am a dedicated convert.
Teacher and Principal