ALL TOURNAMENTS ARE SOLD OUT
- Attend Brief Mandatory Workshops Online (see below)
- Zoom Account: Since the Virtual Tournament will take place via Zoom, parents must be able to join a Zoom meeting in order to participate.
- Be Present & Help Host: Parent/Guardian is REQUIRED to be present AT ALL TIMES during the Tournament, and Host/Show MP Games on Zoom with their Pentathlete. (recommended webcam & gooseneck see below)
- Have 2 Selected Games with Virtual Setup & Labels: Parents must have the 2 selected Math Pentathlon Gameboards, Materials & Labels that will be used by their Pentathlete during the Virtual Tournament. Game Set-Ups, Labels, and Flag Cards
2 ESSENTIAL VIDEOS FOR PARENTS
Recommended Webcam & Gooseneck
1080P Webcam with Microphone, Mersuii USB Computer Web Cam Camera Plug and Play Compatible with Windows, Mac Os, Android, Chrome for Video Calling, Live Streaming, Conference, Online Classes
Phone Holder Bed Gooseneck Mount – Lamicall Cell Phone Clamp Clip for Desk, Flexible Lazy Long Arm Headboard Bedside, Overhead Mount Stand, Compatible with Phone 12 Mini 11 Pro Xs Max XR X 8 7 6 Plus
VIRTUAL GAME RULES, GAME SET-UPS with LABELS
Parents of registered Game Strategists will receive a link to access the Official Virtual Game Rules of the 2 selected MP Games. If you have already registered and not received the Virtual Rule Manual, email our National Office at email@example.com.
Click the following link to access: Game Set-Ups, Labels, and Flag Cards.
CHECKLIST & TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE FOR PARENTS
This Checklist & Troubleshooting Guide is a SUMMARY of everything a parent needs to do to prepare themselves and their child for a successful tournament day.
ESSENTIAL TOURNAMENT PROCEDURES
Make sure to review these Essential Procedures and Requirements for Strategists, Parents, including Scoring & Host Tournament Responsibilities. https://www.mathpentath.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/VOS-Packet-Virtual-2021.pdf
GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP A CRITICAL CRITERION OF GOOD GAME PLAY
This year we will refer to ALL participants as Virtual Strategists rather than Pentathletes since only 2 rather than all 5 games will be played. As always Good Sportsmanship, including treating others with courtesy and respect, is considered a key element of good game play. Unlike our In-Person MP Tournaments, this year’s virtual Tournaments provide students the opportunity to compete with students from all over the country.
MANDATORY PARENT WORKSHOPS FOR VIRTUAL PLAY
- HOW TO HOST GAMES ON ZOOM: To assist parents with Hosting we have scheduled workshops to show the different ways to Screen Share using a webcam, tablet/laptop or phone. (recommended webcam & gooseneck see above) https://mathpentath.wufoo.com/forms/m11v9u1h1hvt9hh/
- TOURNAMENT PROCEDURES WORKSHOPS: These workshops ensure that all adult Game Hosts monitoring the games are prepared for the role of implementing proper Tournament Procedures. Adults also serve as role models who promote the development of good sportsmanship, self-esteem, integrity, and kindness. https://mathpentath.wufoo.com/forms/m18juiyc1e2unt4/
MOCK MATH PENTATHLON VIRTUAL TOURNAMENTS
Mock Virtual Tournaments are set up for families who will be participating in the MP Virtual Tournament. After an introduction by a Tournament Director, families will be assigned to Breakout Rooms where they will play one game with another family. This will allow both families to practice hosting gameplay as well as practice playing the game they choose. SIGN UP USING LINK BELOW: https://mathpentath.wufoo.com/forms/m19nua020juchwx/
Since parents will need access to each of the 2 MP Tournament-selected Games, we are offering a Special Package of these games for their own personal use at $26. This includes special detailed virtual directions and shipping costs. https://mathpentath.wufoo.com/forms/m1f1lnr004yedzi/
SPECIAL EDITION MP VIRTUAL TOURNAMENT T-SHIRTS
Rather than participation ribbons and medals, we are awarding ALL participants a Special Edition MP Virtual Strategist T-shirt. See design below. Registration cost includes direct shipping to each participant. In addition, parents, teachers, and Coaches may also order adult T-shirts when registering their children online. (back/front pocket)
ONLY 2 Selected MP Games per Division Will Be Played
The 2 games selected at each Division Level were based on 3 variables: 1) the combination of both Spatial/Geometric and Computational Reasoning skills; 2) the lower cost of the selected games to help parents who want to purchase them; and 3) the user-friendly nature of the selected games being played virtually. We also believe that preparing for 2 MPT games virtually vs all 5, will make it much easier to compete in this year’s tournaments.
MP Game Workshops for all 5 Games are offered from Oct 5, 2020 through February 6, 2021. Starting February 9, FREE workshops will feature this year’s 2 Selected Tournament Games through April 1, 2021: https://mathpentath.wufoo.com/forms/m1g6gyxw1j0v7wp/
If you have missed the Game Workshops above you can rent the Instructional Videos at: https://www.mathpentath.org/instructional-videos/
If you know the games and just need to see how they are played virtually, view the Free Virtual Training Game Videos:
REMINDER: Students will play with students of the same grade level!
We look forward to working with you throughout this one-of-a-kind Virtual Mathematics Pentathlon Academic Tournament Season!!
TOURNAMENT GAMES, DATES & TIMES
- DIVISION I: Shape-Up and Kings & Quadraphages
- SOLD OUT –May 8, 2021, CST 9:00AM-11:00AM
- SOLD OUT –May 15, 2021, CST 12:30PM-2:30PM
- DIVISION II: FIAR and Sum Dominoes & Dice
- SOLD OUT – May 15, 2021, CST 9:00AM-11:30AM
- SOLD OUT –May 22, 2021, CST 12:30PM-3:00PM
- DIVISION III: Contig 60 and Queens & Guards
- SOLD OUT – May 22, 2021, CST 9:00AM-11:30AM
- SOLD OUT –May 8, 2021, CST 12:30PM-3:00PM
- DIVISION IV: Prime Gold and Fraction Pinball
- SOLD OUT – May 1, 2021, CST 9:00AM-12:00PM
- SOLD OUT –May 23, 2021, CST 1:00PM-4:00PM